Description: Redacted – Hired Gun was originally conceived as a test game. I have lost a lot of games. I have spent quite some time developing, to the inadequacies of the FPSC Game engine back in the day. With horror news about completely broken built games from Nuncio and more and more people getting a variety of errors or having to circumvent missing features with odd walkthroughs I didn’t feel like throwing any more creativity and time at projects that might just go the way of the Do-Do…or the Tyrannosaurus Rex for that matter.
Another reason was the fact that I haven’t released anything playable in years. Let alone made in Game Guru…and I just had to get something out in 2016.
Well, I made it cupcake!!
I can only invite you to help me test this game by giving me your opinion and also letting me know what framerate you where getting.
Gameplay: Hired Gun is a pretty straightforward shooter. You are a lone mercenary on a mission and you’ll be going all Schwarzenegger on folks!
While I first wanted to make this a hot-n-filthy B-movie bulletfest I later added some mild seriousness to the otherwise tongue-in-cheek presentation and a lot of more tactical gameplay and increased difficulty to the game.
This game plays like a slightly less tactical and more futuristic Project I.G.I if you need a reference.
In case you are interested. I have made a very similar game with similar goals about 6 years ago with FPSC-Fenix Mod. Its still a quite enjoyable shooter.
Link to DEPRIVATION – Direct Action.
Ha! 2 free shooter games in one thread!
Plot: You are a cybernetically enhanced agent hired by a federal agency to investigate illegal transhuman experiments on a remote tropical island.
* This isn't Serious Sam! Approach hostile encounters with care and attempt to remain in cover. If you remain in cover, a lot of enemies will attempt to move towards you.
* Its always recommended to fall back once you encounter a new group of enemies. Keep in mind that they've likely changed position when you reapproach them
* Due to the nanoplasmides in most of your body, you'll find that your health regenerates. However, this process as a delay.
* Try to have your guns loaded before an encounter and check the room you just cleared for ammo.
* Certain terminals can be linked to command. You can hack doors this way.
* Some enemies will hunt you down. And they know how to navigate their environment, don't count on them behaving like FPSC enemies.
I was pleasantly surprised seeing them maneuver a large indoor complex. Kudos to Lee! His AI ain't as bad as many people paint it to be.
* The longest loading screen ever!
* Semi-competent enemies.
* 2 High-Octane Levels filled with hostile encounters!
* Beauties from EAI’s awesome classic arsenal. Modified and slightly modernized!
* Neat Graphics and Visuals
* Its free!
* Did I mention that its free?
Notes on Graphics and performance:
– The game is designed in a way that its still looking good if you lower your settings. Please do so if you get a low frame rate on your system.
– I packed a preset reshade with the game copy these files into your root folder (where amelia.exe is) to add modern postprocessing including SMAA and Bloom
– If you run a good system and see the animated vent in the first level as black, your game is running at low or medium settings. You can set it to high in the menue but the music will likely stop playing
– I have deactivated native posprocessing and bloom to increase framerate! If you need Anti Aliasing, copy the files located in the reshade folder into your root folder (with the amelia.exe)
How do I customize controls? I can’t find any information on the control layout anywhere!
Default WASD controls apply, except that you’ll crouch with “C”. These can not be modified.
Guess that means I don’t get to play then. Oldschool quaker from waaaaay back so I still use Mouse 2 for forward ie. WASD feels absolutely f’kin retarded! Oh well at least I get to free up HDD space for a game that doesn’t dictate how I have to play it! Thanks for replying & good luck working with a proper game engine in the future 🙂
🙂 Did you have to be so passive aggressive about it? 😛